Many of the pieces include digital extras such as hot spots that directly link the user to the product page on Kohler’s website, pinch to zoom, and the ability to search from within a brochure or white paper. Navigation between literature pieces is also easy and once the app is downloaded, users will have all the newest literature pieces automatically pushed to his or her device.
“Making our power systems literature available in an app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch adds convenience to engineers and project managers in the field by having immediate access to critical and current information about our latest products,” says Jim Kukla, marketing manager of industrial product for Kohler Power Systems. “With our advances in switchgear, power generation and controls, it is a perfect fit for Kohler to have an app and make it even easier for engineers to spec a job.”
The literature pieces included in the app are:
• Industrial Full Line Brochure
• Decision-Maker Paralleling System Brochure
• Global Telecommunication Brochure
• White Papers
• Understanding IBC Wind Load Requirements for Generator Systems
• Sizing Gensets for Motor Starting
• How to Benefit from Multiple Paralleled Generators in Traditional Single-Generator Standby Applications
• Understanding the Requirements for IBC Seismic-Compliant Power Systems
The Kohler Power Systems App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore.