NYSERDA To Host Panel Event on Reducing Institutional Costs Through Green IT
Over the last decade, hospitals and universities have seen a significant increase in energy consumption from IT infrastructure. New requirements for maintaining electronic records and rising demands from end users coupled with soaring electricity costs have made IT-related energy costs a major operating expense. Aside from saving money, the motivation to install energy-efficient technology is amplified as more hospitals and universities incorporate environmental sustainability into their organizational missions.
NYSERDA and select panelists include:
• Chris Stump, data center project manager, NYSERDA
• Moderator Steve Cohen, executive director of Columbia University's Earth Institute
• Joe Sestito, data center consolidation program manager for the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
• Mark Moroses, CIO of Continuum Health Partners
• James Haggard, deputy CIO of CUNY