Telvent’s strong positioning in infrastructures and best-in-class software and IT capabilities fits particularly well with Schneider Electric energy and process management expertise and global presence. Together Schneider Electric and Telvent will be able to offer customers smart solutions, software and services across numerous market segments. The integration will provide customers comprehensive solutions for energy management and intelligent and efficient infrastructures in some of the following areas:
- Within Smart Grid, Telvent grid monitoring and control software complements Schneider Electric field level offer, to enable a more efficient, flexible and secure grid.
- Within Oil & Gas and Water infrastructure, Telvent complements Schneider Electric integrated energy management architecture, EcoStruxureTM, to deliver a leading information management solution for piloting, monitoring and optimizing networks.
- The world-class Telvent weather information services will add significant value across all existing and future Schneider Electric offers, delivering considerable operational benefits in Energy, Transportation, Water, and many other markets.
- For Smarter Cities and Transportation, Telvent intelligent traffic solutions complements Schneider Electric offer in Electrical Vehicle, Security Monitoring and Energy Management.
- Telvent’s strong Agriculture and Global Services businesses will be further expanded through Schneider Electric global coverage.
“As infrastructure across industries such as utilities, oil and gas, and water become increasingly complex, it is critical to have more precise visibility to data and integration with smart solutions to maximize efficiency,” said Donald Rickey, senior vice president, energy business, Schneider Electric. “Together, Telvent and Schneider Electric will be able to provide our customers with that visibility to meet our customers’ sustainability and efficiency challenges for today and tomorrow.”
“Our customers will continue to receive the same excellent services and solutions they know and trust,” said Dave Jardine, president and chairman, Telvent North America. “We are also now able to offer our current and future customers a much broader energy management solution with many additional benefits thanks to the combination of Schneider Electric and Telvent.”