I’m not at #VMworld, but @ChristianKane tells me Paul Maritz just said DR is one of the most important uses for cloud. Woot
Have received MANY pitches on home energy management this week, which I find hilarious since I have no power or Net in NJ. #justsaying
August 31, 2011, 3:01 pm
Google’s Bill Weihl on Data Center Efficiency: Tech News and ...
by Stacey Higginbotham
A year ago, the mobile landscape was markedly different. Widespread LTE deployments weren’t in existence. The patent fight among handset makers had yet to become a war of mutually assured destruction, and Google hadn’t decided to buy a handset maker. As we discuss these topics and others at our Mobilize 2011 event in San Francisco, we’re also going to be addressing hot new apps and solutions to help manage the data deluge in our LaunchPad competition.
August 26, 2011 at 1:25 pm PST | Cisco Blog
Can You Destroy It?
By Andrew Lach
What’s the best way to demonstrate the physical durability of a new router? How about a spec sheet detailing stress test results? Not at Cisco; video of the router being used as a basketball and dog food plate gets the point across much more clearly. I was pleasantly shocked when I saw the abuses endured by Cisco’s new ISR 819 Router. It survived not only immersion in hot coffee but also a baking in a toaster oven.
@idcpmarist IDCP Susan Scanlon
Who will be left to run the mainframes? bit.ly/q7WfqR
August 17, 2011
eBay Modular Data Center RFP, Round 2!
It seems like forever since I have had a chance to blog! Needless to say, we’ve been absolutely swamped with business growth and pushing innovation as far as we can take it!
One year ago this month we tried an innovative modular RFP process which opened up the design of the new eBay Phoenix Data Center to the industry. As I write this blog, we are knee deep in the commissioning of this ground breaking design dubbed Project Mercury. The challenge we put out through Data Center Pulse has yielded one of our most innovative designs to date. The goal was to unleash the creative minds in the design and consulting arena by outlining the business and technical challenges then letting them tackle the “how”. I am proud to announce that the process works.
@tobiassilber Tobias Silber
Data centers ate up less power than thought http://j.mp/oxoZJ3
From Our Website
(data from August 30, 2011)
Most Popular Articles:
1. GE Unveils LEED-Certified Platinum Data Center 08/21/2011 http://bit.ly/peGFaL
2. CoreSite Chooses Mitsubishi Electric Power Products’ UPS for Data Center 08/08/2011 http://bit.ly/mRHVJg
3. End-Users Come First 08/01/2011 http://bit.ly/qg8NK5
4. Rittal Corporation to Expand Operations in Central Ohio 08/09/2011 http://bit.ly/qCmb3Q
5. Evaporative Cooling Units from Mestex 08/08/2011 http://bit.ly/nTinYh
6. The Critical Facilities Round Table Announces Energy Conference 08/09/2011 http://bit.ly/qNcRlo
7. Raised Access Floors Meet Changing Data Center Airflow Requirements 08/01/2011 http://bit.ly/nB3imn
8. The WHY Behind the Phenomenal Growth of Containerized Modular Solutions 06/01/2011 http://bit.ly/myP1wd
9. Indianapolis’ Emergency Operations Center Anchors Former Dead Mall Turned Data Center 08/01/2011 http://bit.ly/nO3CGb
10. Vantage Data Centers Awarded LEED Platinum Building Certification 08/22/2011 http://bit.ly/ngiRlJ