EMerge Alliance Adds New Members to its DC Power Standards Movement
- GE Energy – Participating Member
- Intel Corporation – Participating Member
- Universal Electric Corporation – Starline DC Solutions – Participating Member
- PulseStar Technologies – Participating Member (upgrade)
- Power-One – General Member
- NextEnergy Center – Corresponding Member
- Dynamic Supplier Alignment – Supporting Member
“There is an increasing demand for improved reliability and energy efficiency across the entire commercial building envelope, and DC power is the most efficient solution,” said Patterson. “We’re very pleased to see these companies join the visionaries who started this movement. The time has never been better to join the DC power movement and provide solutions that make buildings more efficient, flexible and sustainable than ever before.”
Since its launch in 2008, the Alliance completed the development of the first EMerge Alliance Standard for occupied spaces in its first year, released nearly 50 EMerge Alliance Registered products and started a new effort focused on incorporating DC microgrids in data and telecommunications centers. With more than 15 demonstration sites in data centers and commercial interiors across the country, the Alliance is committed to educating the market on the benefits of DC power applications throughout various platforms.
The EMerge Alliance is accepting new members at various levels, with ongoing opportunities to be involved in standards development, product registration and system applications. Visit www.EMergealliance.org for more information.