Uptime Institute Announces Speakers For Symposium
This year's symposium, The Disrupted Data Center: Cloud, Cost, Capacity and Carbon, features an all-star lineup of speakers presenting on the topics that are shaping the data center industry. Here are just a few of the industry thought leaders you'll get to meet at Symposium:
- Jay Park, director of data center engineering; Tom Furlong, director of site operations; Dan Lee, data center mechanical engineer at Facebook-Facebook's Latest Innovations in Data Center Design: Discuss the latest design advancements being implemented in the data centers of the world's largest social networking site.
- Chris Malone, thermal technologies architect at Google-Google's Data Center Innovation: Discover whether Google's architecture is broadly applicable to enterprise computing.
- Ken Brill, founder of Uptime Institute-Characteristics of High-Reliability Organizations: Learn about the careful balance mission-critical data centers must achieve in effectively assessing and mitigating risk.
- Andrew Stokes, chief infrastructure architect at Deutsche Bank-Deutsche Bank's Green Strategy: Learn the intricacies of Deutsche Bank's approach to green IT, which has helped it to become one of the leading green banking institutions.
- Mike Manos, senior vice president, technologies at AOL-Preparing for the Cloud: A Data Center Survival Guide: Explore what it takes for enterprise IT users to move to the cloud, and how data center and IT professionals should prepare.
- Steve Carter, vice president, digital infrastructure services at Uptime Institute Professional Services; Andy Lawrence, research director, Eco-Efficient IT at The 451 Group; Antonio Piraino, vice president and research director at Tier1 Research-The Next Decade in Data Centers: Discuss the findings of our latest survey in a multi-analyst presentation that explores the evolution of data centers in the next decade.
- Bruce Myatt, founder of Critical Facilities Roundtable
- George Goodman, executive director at Climate Savers Computing Initiative
- KC Mares, Chair, data center efficiency program and summit at Silicon Valley Leadership Group
- Jon Haas, board member and technical committee vice-chairman, The Green Grid