DOE Sets Data Center Energy Practitioner Program
The DCEP program is being defined, designed, and implemented by working closely with industry stakeholders. DOE has set a goal to have at least 200 practitioners by 2011. Significant knowledge, training, and skills are required to perform accurate energy assessments in data centers. DCEPs will:
- Be qualified to identify and evaluate energy efficiency opportunities in data centers
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of DOE's DC Pro software tool suite
- Address energy opportunities in electrical systems, air management, HVAC, IT equipment, and on-site generation
- Receive training on conducting data center assessments
- Be required to pass an exam and be re-qualified every two to three years.