- Schneider Electric Announces U.S. Organization Changes to Better Meet Growing Customer Energy Management Needs: Schneider Electric is organizing the business to better leverage and take advantage of the competencies and skills in place to meet growing customer needs around energy management. Examples include the creation of the Energy business, led by senior vice president, Don Rickey; the expansion of the Energy Solutions business, led by Senior vice president, James Potach; and the expansion of the U.S. Projects & Services business, led by senior vice president, Projects & Services, Mike Rice.
- Schneider Electric Introduces Industry-First Customer Collaborative Project Portal: the Collaborative Project Portal is a private, online community that provides real-time access, web meeting capabilities, and social networking features to guide technical end-users through energy management projects.
- Energy University by Schneider Electric Expands Curriculum: Energy University has seen more than 21,000 registered users since its launch in 2009. Twenty-one new courses have been added to the curriculum in 2010 and a new fully translated version of the site has been launched in Chinese, making it the first online energy efficiency program available in China.
- Schneider Electric Launches Cassia Energy Management System (EMS): The Cassia EMS is an intuitive in-room energy solution for hotels and other multi-unit facilities that maximizes operating efficiencies while enhancing the level of guest comfort. The Cassia EMS uses room automation and energy monitoring software to increase efficiencies in two areas of major consumption – lighting and HVAC.
- University of North Texas Partners with Schneider Electric to Drive Energy Efficiency on Campus: University of North Texas and Schneider Electric will partner on development of smart buildings that will improve operations and reduce energy and carbon emissions – cutting energy costs by 17 percent and reducing water usage by 15 percent on campus. As part of this project, UNT and Schneider Electric will partner in the creation of a campus energy tracking effort that will make the buildings energy usage visible via the Internet, allowing UNT staff and students to proactively manage energy usage on campus in a real-time environment.
- Schneider Electric Recognized by Cisco as a Video Surveillance Authorized Technology Provider in United States: This certification shows Schneider Electric’s commitment to use the network as a platform upon which more collaborative and integrated physical-security systems can be built – enabling higher levels of situational awareness in environments where intelligent and timely decision-making is crucial.
- Schneider Electric Announces MachineStruxure – automation Solution to Optimize Industrial Machines for Cost, Performance, and Energy Efficiency: MachineStruxure is the latest addition to Schneider Electric’s comprehensive EcoStruxure portfolio designed for the data center. SoMachine, a modular and reusable software suite, enables the MachineStruxure system to cut design and implementation time by up to fifty percent by streamlining the controller design and development process. MachineStruxure also offers OEMs additional flexibility through a choice of four new hardware control platforms with embedded intelligence, including the Magelis XBT GC HMI controller, Altivar IMC integrated controller card, Modicon LMC058, and Modicon M238 and M258.
- Next Generation InfraStruxure Advances Scalable and Efficient Data Centers: This next generation InfraStruxure solution is a high performance, scalable and adaptable data center architecture that dramatically reduces cycle time and complexity from concept to design to installation. InfraStruxure is a building block of Schneider Electric’s comprehensive energy management architecture portfolio, EcoStruxure.
- APC by Schneider Electric Announces the Newest Evolution of Data center Infrastructure Management Software: This newest version of InfraStruxure management software provides the industry’s first and broadest integration of management capabilities with critical IT support systems, including power management, building management and enterprise management. This software helps companies conserve energy and cut costs by delivering compatibility across key areas of the enterprise.
Schneider Electric Announces Several New Initiatives
October 1, 2010
Schneider Electric recently announced several organization changes, initiatives, products, and projects, including: