Data Center Specific Resources Available from EPA
- The Quick Reference Guide to Benchmarking provides step-by-step instructions for benchmarking a data center in Portfolio Manager.
- Frequently Asked Questions provide further guidance about the data center rating model.
- The ENERGY STAR for Real Estate web page can help managers of data centers located within office buildings learn more about how to benchmark their entire buildings.
- The ENERGY STAR Labeled Building Registry lists all buildings that have earned the ENERGY STAR, including the several data centers that have received this recognition to date.
Through this voluntary climate protection partnership, EPA’s ENERGY STAR program provides partners with the resources to create a strategic approach to energy management and promote energy efficient products and practices. All partners are listed on our website and can promote their partnership by leveraging a trusted, influential brand that is recognized by over 75% of Americans. Data center owners and managers, as well as the service and product providers that support data centers, can join by using the following links:
- Data center owners and managers: public, private, or government organizations with buildings that want to improve the energy efficiency of the facilities that they own, manage, operate or lease can join by completing the online partnership agreement.
- Service and product providers: Organizations that provide energy efficiency services and/or products to commercial buildings in the United States, and help their clients benchmark in Portfolio Manager or apply for the ENERGY STAR can complete the online application.