Hosting.com Releases 2008 Trends Report
Key findings from the survey include:
- 67% of companies choose to
colocate their data infrastructure to “Improve Availability and
Reliability,” and 44% expect to see a ROI (Return on Investment)
within 24 months.
- 40% of respondents foresee
virtualization having an impact on their data-center space
requirements, 21% expect no reduction, and 37% are unsure.
- Bandwidth, security, and redundancy are the three most important
factors for most companies when choosing a colocation
- Colocation clients are increasingly
interested in managed services provided by colocation providers.
- 53% of respondents view “Remote Hands as a
Service” as an important value-add service.
- 70% of respondents have a disaster recovery plan, but only 46% have a budget to execute on their plans.
Over 20% of respondents were CEOs or business owners. The demographics of the respondents ranged from companies with as few as two employees to well over 100,000 employees. Diversity was also evident in the revenues of the companies that responded, ranging from under $1 million to over $100 billion annually. The 2008 Colocation Industry Trends Report was published in the form of an e-book, and is available for download at Hosting.com.