RagingWire And NTT Communications Host Grand Opening Celebration
The ribbon cutting ceremony is for the Dallas TX1 Data Center.
RagingWire Data Centers, Inc. and its parent company NTT Communications (NTT Com) were joined by 500 business and civic leaders today to celebrate the opening of the Dallas TX1 Data Center, a 230,000-sq-ft facility designed to house computing systems of large enterprises and hyperscale cloud companies.
The TX1 Data Center is engineered to meet the requirements of global enterprises, cloud providers and the unique conditions in the Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, one of the top data center markets in the United States:
- 16 megawatts (MW) of power to support large-scale, high-density computing
- Flexible private-suite configurations from 1 to 5 MW as well as multi-rack cages
- Direct connection to major cloud providers, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- Fiber connectivity to carrier hotels and more than 120 area data centers and connected properties
- Multiple onsite telecommunications providers
- Extensive, multi-factor physical security, including perimeter fencing, video surveillance, access controls, and 7x24 onsite security officers
- Highly efficient, waterless cooling system that leverages available outside cool air and does not stress local water supplies
- Office space, conference rooms, and complimentary amenities including Wi-Fi, fitness room, and beverages
- Designed and built to withstand an EF3 tornado of 136 mph
- Part of NTT Com’s global data center platform, which comprises 140 facilities in 19 countries and regions under the NexcenterTM brand
“RagingWire’s new Dallas TX1 Data Center is ‘Texas-ready’ and world-class,” said Douglas Adams, president and CEO, RagingWire. “We expect that TX1 will become a critical data center hub for large enterprises and cloud companies as part of their global IT deployments.”
The grand opening event featured a thrilling digital laser ribbon cutting and appearances by sports legend and business icon Roger Staubach, Emmy Award-winning news anchor Shelly Slater as the master of ceremonies, RagingWire president and CEO Douglas Adams, NTT Communications president and CEO Tetsuya Shoji, RagingWire founder and executive chairman George Macricostas, and NTT Group executives from around the world.
“Congratulations to RagingWire on the grand opening of the Dallas TX1 Data Center,” said Shoji. “With their patented design, 100% uptime, and superior operations, RagingWire has become NTT Com’s data center solution in North America and part of our global data center portfolio under the Nexcenter brand.”
The Dallas TX1 Data Center, combined with data centers in Ashburn, Virginia and Sacramento, California, expands RagingWire’s data center capacity to 1.5 million square feet and 113 MW of power. In Ashburn, the world’s top data center market, the new VA3 Data Center which is under construction will join the VA1 and VA2 data centers for a total footprint of over 500,000 square feet of space and 44 MW of power. In Sacramento, an ideal Northern California data center location outside the earthquake zone of the Bay Area and Silicon Valley, RagingWire has 680,000 square feet of data center space and 53 MW of power with a compelling total cost of ownership (TCO) based on low-cost power provided by the Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD).
NTT Com acquired an 80% equity stake in RagingWire in January 2014. RagingWire joined NTT Com family members such as Netmagic Solutions Pvt. Ltd. in India, Gyron Internet Ltd. and e-shelter facility services GmbH in Europe, and an extensive data center portfolio in Asia, as well as other regions, as part of a global data center platform totaling some four million square feet. In February 2017, NTT Com announced its intent to purchase the remaining shares of RagingWire to acquire 100% ownership of the company.